MANAGER IN TRAINING
Calling all new grads and motivated professionals looking to jump-start their career!
Are you a natural-born leader with an ambitious attitude, looking for the perfect opportunity to start your career? Sharp Bus Lines Limited is looking for a candidate to fulfill a Manager in Training position to support our divisions. We believe that good business starts with skilled and satisfied employees, and we are looking to invest in the right person to shape into a qualified and experienced manager who will advance their career as a part of the Sharp Family business.
What is a “Manager in Training”?
We are looking for an instinctive team-leader who is interested in boosting their career by gaining hands on experience with a well-established and continually growing company. Sharp Bus Lines Limited has been in business since 1961, and has expanded from a 3 bus operation to owning and operating 12 divisions across Southwestern Ontario. We pride ourselves on being reliable and safety minded, while keeping customer service at the forefront of our business practices at all times. At Sharp, we believe that our employees are our greatest asset, so we want to help our Managers be the most equipped as possible to operate business smoothly and efficiently on a daily basis. Our best way to ensure that is through our Manager in Training program.
If you have a drive to learn, are looking for a clear path to advancement, and are looking to gain valuable work experience that can turn into a defined career trajectory in operations, then you are who we are looking for. To be clear, this is not an internship position; this is a full-time, paid position where we will teach you operations from the bottom up – with the goal being that eventually you will become an educated, experienced, well-oiled management machine, equipped with the skills to run and operate your own staff at a Divisional level. As a family company, we believe in raising up our own, so your efforts will not go unnoticed; We believe in promoting from within and giving our staff every opportunity to leverage their own unique skill sets while become dedicated representatives of Sharp Bus Lines Limited and our values.
To qualify for consideration, we ask that all candidates possess the following attributes/skills:
- Demonstrated leadership experience (this could include your experience as camp leader, a volunteer or community involvement organizer, a sports coach, or real-world work experience – Tell us how you know how to lead!)
- A strong customer service background – This position requires you to liaise with members of the public and stakeholders; a solid grasp of customer service best practices and experience working with the public is considered an asset
- A post-secondary degree in Business Administration or other relevant/equivalent education
- Ability to travel to each division as needed (paid travel throughout Southwestern Ontario) – Access to your own vehicle and full G-class licence required
- An aspiration to advance your career to a management position, eventually managing 100+ staff and drivers
- A solid work ethic and ambition to grow
- A drive to learn and a coachable attitude
- A positive attitude and a resourceful mindset
As a Manager in Training, you will be trained in all aspects of our business model including: sales, customer service, dispatch, payroll, management, recruitment, and hiring. Additionally, we offer fantastic employee benefits, and evenings, weekends and holidays off for you to enjoy with your friends and family. This is an exceptional opportunity to upskill your experience and grow into a management position with a family company who values their employees and is looking to invest in your learning and development as a member of our team.
We want to hear from you. Tell us why you’re the best fit for this position!
Call or Drop In
Rather talk to us in person? Call or drop in to any of our locations to speak to a Manager. Click here to see a list of our locations.